Care Provided in an Assisted Living Home
February 24, 2021
As our family members grow older, the care provided in an assisted living home becomes important. At Kenwood Care, we strive to care for our residents as if they were our own family members.
The care provided in Kenwood Care assisted living homes includes:
- Personal care assistance for items such as bathing, dressing, toileting and grooming. Each of our residents requires a different level of help with these activities. Live-in caregivers are trained to notice changes in our seniors abilities. We offer assistance when changes are noticed. Our 2.5:1 resident-to-caregiver ratio allows our caregivers to really know the people that they take care of.
- Medication management includes overseeing and administering the use of all over-the-counter and prescription medications. All prescriptions are delivered to our homes. This important service is included as part of our affordable fixed rate.
- Best-in-state medical partners. Our seniors deserve the best possible medical care. We work with top-rated Alzheimer’s and Dementia specialists. Our medical doctors are renowned geriatric doctors. Diagnostic services are also offered on-site.
- Awake overnight staff. Providing care is a 24/7 job. Kenwood has awake overnight caregivers in all 4 of its assisted living homes.
- Meal preparation. We provide 3 healthy meals every day, as well as 2 snacks. Home cooked meals are prepared in-house. This allows us care for dietary restrictions and food allergies.
- Socialization. The need for conversation and group activities are extremely important. Residents enjoy exercising, games, activities and talking with each other. Caregivers will facilitate stimulating activities on a daily basis to keep everyone engaged and happy.
Contact Kenwood Care Assisted Living
Kenwood Care Assisted Living Centers have been owned and operated by Victoria and John Sessler for over 25 years in Howard County, Maryland. Kenwood Care has four residential houses: Maple Hill in Laurel, MD, Autumn Hill in Fulton, MD, Glen Hill in Dayton, MD and Pine Hill in Laurel, MD.
Each of our homes offers a beautiful residential setting. Each residence is designed to provide a home-like atmosphere. The care we provide to our residents is the most important aspect of what we do. For this reason, there will never be a charge for any additional care that is needed. Your fixed rate will remain the same each and every month.
Contact us today for more information about the care provided in our assisted living homes.
The comfort of home. The care you need.